January 17, 2012

Midweek Devotion

Bible Point: Jesus knows all about us.

Key Verse: O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. YOu know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. -Psalm 139:1-3

Read the quote and then talk it over. 
"A little knowledge of God is worth more than a great deal of knowledge about God." -J. I. Packer, Knowing God

  • Who are the people in your life who teach you the most about God?
  • How can you move from knowing "about" God to knowing God more?
  • What are some ways we as a family can help one another know God?
Try This!
Often we know more about the members of our family than we actually know them. This week try to get to know someone in your family better. Go out to eat with a family member and ask that person some questions that will help you bet to know how he or she feels and thinks. Some questions might be "What is your best memory?" or "What's on your bucket list?"

No comments:

Post a Comment